Journey Guide – Accelerate
37 hours per week (full time)
Pay scale (£19,002 – 24,708)
Workplace Pension – 3% Employer Contribution
This post is a fixed term contract fully funded by the European Social Fund and The National Lottery Community Fund until 31st March 2022 .
HOW TO APPLY: Please email your CV and covering letter outlining your experience and suitability for this post by Friday 30th October 2020 5:00PM
Journey Guide Vacancy to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday 30th October 2020 (5:00PM)
VACANCY closing date EXTENDED UNTIL FRIDAY 30 OCTOBER at 5:00pm
Interview date: EXTENDED TO Friday 6 November 2020
An enhanced DBS check is required for this post. As an employer it is our duty to ensure you have the right to work in the UK and therefore you will be asked to bring suitable proof and relevant documents if you are invited to attend an interview.
Please see enclosed copy of Job Description for full details of this post
To provide careers advice, guidance & counselling to clients accessing the Accelerate project and services available at the WATCH Centre.
The post holder will be particularly responsible for delivering the outcomes of the project, support long term unemployed clients and those who are economically inactive and experiencing multiple disadvantages. Offering bespoke barrier breaking advice and guidance to assist them into employment, training and/or education.
Journey Guide: AccelerateR2 Project
Salary Scale: £19,002 – 24,708
Hours: 37 hours per week education
Responsible to: WATCH Employment Services Manager
The Post holder will solely be employed to work on the Accelerate project
You will need:
- Experience of working within an IAG role providing employment support to long term unemployed and individuals who are economically inactive.
- Knowledge of local services, employers and training opportunities within Coventry.
- To provide careers advice, guidance & counselling to clients accessing the project and services available at the WATCH Centre.
- The post holder will be particularly responsible for delivering the outcomes of the project support long term unemployed clients and those who are economically inactive and experiencing multiple disadvantages. Offering bespoke barrier breaking advice and guidance to assist them into employment, training and/or education.
- The post holder will complete initial assessment and action planning with project participants. Provide support with job search activities, CV creation and employment skills training in small groups or in one to one interventions
- Complete all paperwork required by funders and carry out other administrative tasks including client registrations, ensuring correct procedures have been followed in accordance with the projects
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Registration, assessment, action planning, and barrier breaking with client
- Assist clients with job search activities, providing advice and guidance.
- Assist clients with CVs / Application Forms.
- Employer / client tracking; devise and send out questionnaires to obtain feedback regarding interviews/work placements.
- Plan and deliver one to one and group training sessions to enhance skills and employability
- Ensure all procedures and registration guidelines are followed in accordance with the relevant funding streams.
- Liaise with employers and distribute information of available positions accordingly.
- To offer on-going barrier breaking support and advice to clients and those who have commenced employment or training.
- To attend outreach projects as directed by the Centre Manager
- Work with other staff to develop/improve quality and service standards
Marketing of WATCH Services
- Play a key role in the promotion of WATCH services.
- Marketing of WATCH services by attending open days, exhibitions, and job fairs.
- Contribute towards WATCH marketing material.
General Administration Duties
- Provide back-up and support to the WATCH Administrator, as and when required.
- To meet and greet participants and potential participants to the project
- Carry out other tasks appropriate to the level of the post as and when required by WATCH Employment Services – Manager or Operations Manager
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake such other duties and tasks as may lie within the scope of this post to ensure the effective delivery and development of the service
- Promote the Aims, Principles, Policies, interests and well-being of the organisation and protect its integrity and reputation
- Carry out all duties in line with WATCH Equal Opportunities and Health & Safety policies.
Accelerate is a Building Better Opportunities Project funded by the European Social Fund and The National Lottery Community Fund